|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Makes about 6 cups (48 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a great barbecue sauce that doesn't look anything like barbecue sauce. The sweet fruit flavors add to most anything you can grill or smoke but is particularly good on poultry.
- 32 ounces (950 mL) canned peaches
- 1 1/2 cup (360 mL) vinegar
- 1 cup (240 mL) cooking oil
- 1 cup (240 mL) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) ground ginger
Puree peaches in a blender.
Dissolve cornstarch in a little water.
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Allow to cool.