This peach crumb cake is a fabulous dessert or coffee cake to make for any occasion. The generous buttery crumb topping makes this peach cake taste like a peach crumble or crisp with a vanilla butter cake layer.
This is a wonderful cake to enjoy with fresh peaches in season, but it's excellent with drained canned peach slices of frozen sliced peaches as well.
Bake this heavenly cake for a summer gathering or cookout, Father's Day, New Year's dessert, Easter dessert, or for just about any other occasion.
- 4 peaches (peeled, pitted, thinly sliced*)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 1/4 cups flour (all-purpose) about 5 3/4 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar (granulated)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*You may use about 12 ounces sliced frozen peaches, or use canned and drained peaches -- about 1 1/2 15-ounce cans -- in place of the fresh sliced peaches.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan or spray with baking spray. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine the 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup flour, cinnamon, and the 6 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Stir with a fork until well blended and ingredients are moistened.
- In another bowl, combine the 1 1/4 cups of flour with the baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat the 1/2 cup softened butter with 1/2 cup granulated sugar until light and creamy. Add the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Slowly beat in the flour, baking soda, baking powder mixture. Continue beating on medium-high speed until smooth. The batter will be quite thick.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Arrange the peach slices, close together, over the top of the batter.
- Sprinkle the butter and brown sugar crumb mixture over the peach layer.
- Bake the cake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|