This is a flavorful peach bread made with spiced peach cobbler flavors. A layer of sliced peaches over the top makes the quick bread loaf moist and attractive.
This is an excellent quick bread to make for a morning meeting or visiting friends and family.
- 2 cans (approx. 15 ounces each) sliced peaches (drained)
- 4 ounces butter (melted, cooled)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, (all-purpose)
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Garnish: cinnamon-sugar, for topping
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
- Save 10 to 12 of the peach slices from the drained peaches and set aside for garnish. Process the remaining slices until almost pureed. You should have about 1 cup or just slightly more.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the processed peaches with the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla until well blended.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, and the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Add the flour mixture to the first mixture, mixing until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Slice each peach slice lengthwise into two thinner slices and arrange them, overlapping, on the top of the batter. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan to cool completely.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|