This is wonderful with the brown sugar vanilla sauce or your favorite sauce for bread pudding. Serve it either as a sweet, energetic breakfast or as a savory dessert. Absolutely delicious!
- 2 1/2 cups peaches (diced fresh)
- 1/4 cup peach nectar
- 4 to 5 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups half-and-half (or whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brown Sugar Vanilla Sauce:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Put diced peaches in a saucepan with peach nectar; simmer for about 5 minutes, until peaches are tender.
- In a 2- to 2 1/2-quart lightly-buttered baking dish or rectangular baking pan, arrange bread crumbs. Drizzle breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons melted butter then toss with the peach mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with granulated sugar, milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour mixture over bread crumbs, stirring slightly to distribute milk mixture evenly.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, until set in center. A larger more shallow pan will take less time than a deeper pan.
Brown Sugar Vanilla Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce to medium-low and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||23 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|