Keep the peachy-keen tastes of summer in your home year-round with this easy peach freezer jam recipe. Prepared as simply as traditional jam, it is then stored in freezer-safe containers so that you can enjoy the "fruits" of your labor anytime.
- 4 cups peaches (peeled and crushed)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 package powdered fruit pectin
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 5 1/2 cups sugar
- Measure the peaches into a large kettle and add the lemon juice. While stirring with a wooden spoon, slowly add the pectin.
- Let the mixture stand for 20 minutes; stirring every 5 minutes to blend the pectin with fruit. Add the corn syrup and blend well. Add the sugar and blend well.
- Cook over low heat to about 100 F, or just until warm to the touch. Do not allow mixture to become hot.
- Pour jam into freezer containers to within 1/2-inch of top. Cover the jars immediately. Let stand until jelly consistency.
- Store in freezer until ready to use. Store in the refrigerator once jar has been opened.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|