This is a tasty baked chicken breast recipe with ingredients you probably have in your pantry. A simple combination of peach preserves, herbs, and spicy mustard give these light and delicious baked chicken breasts great flavor.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard (or Creole mustard)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- Pinch dried thyme
- Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish or spray with cooking spray.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Put chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound gently just to even out the thickness.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking pan. Brush chicken with a little melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients; stir to blend well.
- Coat chicken thoroughly with the glaze; bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until golden brown and cooked through. If your chicken breasts are quite thick, they might take a little longer. The juices should run clear when pricked with a fork.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||73 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|