|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 13g|
|Vitamin C 29mg||144%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The peach pomegranate holiday martini is a delightful Christmas martini. It's filled with fruity flavors and is easy to mix up, so it's perfect for all of your holiday entertaining needs, though it's fabulous year-round.
This recipe comes from Van Gogh Vodka and pairs the brand's pomegranate vodka with peach schnapps and orange juice, with just a hint of lemon. For the garnish, you can either sprinkle ground cinnamon and sugar on top for a festive flair or go with a spiraled orange peel. Whichever way you decide to finish it off, this martini has a lively flavor that is sure to be a hit with everyone who tastes it.
1 ounce pomegranate vodka
3/4 ounce peach schnapps
1 ounce orange juice
1 splash lemon juice
Cinnamon sugar, garnish
Orange twist, garnish
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the pomegranate vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice, and lemon juice.
Garnish with a dusting of cinnamon sugar or an orange twist. Serve and enjoy.
- Peach schnapps varies greatly from one brand to another in quality and strength. When making cocktails like this, spend a little more for an upgrade that is similar to the quality of Van Gogh.
- Also, keep in mind that peach schnapps can be anywhere from 20 percent to 50 percent ABV (40 to 100 proof). The stronger schnapps will have a more pronounced peachy alcohol flavor, so you might need to pour a little less with those to maintain the drink's balance of flavors.
- Fresh-squeezed citrus juices make this cocktail just a little better. One orange should yield enough juice for two or three drinks. For the lemon, simply squeeze a lemon wedge directly into the shaker.
- Serving this martini in a chilled cocktail glass will keep the drink colder. For a quick chill, place a few ice cubes in the glass while you mix up the drink, then discard them before straining.
- To make cinnamon sugar, combine one part ground cinnamon with three parts granulated sugar.
- Another fun garnish idea is to rim the glass with a mixture of sugar and ground cinnamon. To do this, mix equal parts of the two ingredients until it becomes an even, light brown color. Wet the glass rim with a lemon wedge, then roll it in a small dish of the cinnamon sugar.
How Strong Is a Peach Pomegranate Holiday Martini?
Van Gogh bottles their pomegranate vodka at 70 proof, which is typical of flavored vodkas. That brings the martini's strength down slightly, and the schnapps is going to determine its alcohol content. On the high side, this recipe shakes up to 21 percent ABV (42 proof), the average for fruity martinis. It can be as low as 15 percent ABV (30 proof) with a 40 proof schnapps, making it more like drinking wine.