|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Getting tired of plain old canned yam casserole at Thanksgiving? Give yourself and your family a break from traditional sweet potatoes and yams with this version that includes peaches. This easy recipe takes all of 50 minutes because you use canned yams (sweet potatoes) and canned peaches. If you're a purist, you can also use home-baked or boiled yams and fresh peaches.
- 2 (17-ounce) cans yams (drained)
- 1 (16-ounce) can peach slices (drained and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter (cold, cut into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
Gather the ingredients and preheat oven to 350 F.
In a large bowl, slightly mash the yams, leaving large chunks.
Fold in the peaches until well-combined.
Pour into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
Sprinkle yam mixture with 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
Using two butter knives in a criss-cross motion or a pastry blender, cut in the cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture over the yams and peaches.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set to broil.
Cover the peach-yam casserole with 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows and broil until lightly browned.
Serve and enjoy!