|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Whether you call it a PB&J or peanut butter and jelly shot, either way, this little drink is a whole lot of fun. It's extremely easy to make—requiring just two common liqueurs—and it's pretty darn delicious. It is one of those popular party shooters designed to taste like a childhood treat and everyone at your party will love it.
In this sandwich-inspired drink, the "jelly" of choice is the black raspberry of Chambord, combined with the hazelnut of Frangelico for the "peanut butter" flavor. The result is a smooth shot that goes down with ease. You can enjoy the classic Frangelico shot or switch to the trendy updated version with peanut butter whiskey.
For drinkers who enjoy a DIY project or two, the two liqueurs used in this shot are excellent candidates for homemade liqueurs. This shooter just happens to be an great way to show off your creations. You can use a nocino recipe and simply use hazelnuts or any combination of nuts you like. Likewise, a homemade raspberry liqueur can be made by using raspberries (or any berry blend) in a fruit liqueur recipe.
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the liqueurs.
Choose Your Liqueurs
- Frangelico is a tried-and-true hazelnut liqueur that will cost you upwards of $20. Other brands such as Kahlua, DeKuyper, and Hiram Walker would be fine for a quick shot like the PB&J. However, if you're also looking to use the liqueur in fancier drinks, it's best to stick with Frangelico.
- Chambord is the go-to raspberry liqueur. Easy to find and absolutely delicious, it is also a premium liqueur and a premium price of around $30. Other options for a raspberry liqueur exist among the cheaper brands such as DeKuyper. Any crème de framboise liqueur will work as well. If you're seeking one that rivals Chambord in quality, look for premium labels like Mathilde or Raspberry di Amore.
- If you prefer to sip this slowly, the PB&J is delicious on the rocks, or as a martini; just double the shot recipe.
- Try this with a peanut butter whiskey such as Screwball. It's great with equal parts whiskey and Chambord, but more often made with 2 parts whiskey to 1 part Chambord.
- Not into hazelnut and raspberry? Almost any other nut liqueur will work, though they won't produce the same exact PB&J flavor. Viable options include amaretto, pecan liqueurs, and nocino, an Italian walnut liqueur.
- Many other fruit liqueurs will play well with Frangelico. Consider strawberry or apricot liqueurs. The black currant of crème de cassis would make a delicious shot as well.
- If you enjoy the taste of this shot, give the nuts and berries cocktail a try. It uses the same liqueurs but adds cream to the mix for a tasty dessert drink.