|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 18g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Whether you call it a PB&J or the peanut butter and jelly shot, this little drink is a whole lot of fun. It is one of those popular party shooters designed to taste like a childhood treat, and it's extremely easy to make because it's made with just two common liqueurs. As you might hope, it's also delicious.
In this yummy sandwich-inspired drink, the "jelly" of choice is a black raspberry liqueur, while a hazelnut liqueur provides the "peanut butter" flavor. The result is a smooth shot that goes down with ease. You can enjoy this classic bar shot or switch to the trendier version and pour peanut butter whiskey instead.
3/4 ounce hazelnut liqueur
3/4 ounce black raspberry liqueur
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the hazelnut and raspberry liqueurs.
Strain into a shot glass.
Serve and enjoy.
- The PB&J has been a popular bar shot for many years and is most often made with Frangelico and Chambord. While they're the most familiar brands of their respective flavor in bars, they are premium liqueurs, and there are more economical alternatives for each. However, if you also want to use the liqueurs in fancier drinks, it's best to stick with these brands or something of equal quality.
- For drinkers who enjoy a DIY project or two, both liqueurs are excellent candidates for homemade liqueurs. You can use a nocino recipe and switch to hazelnuts or use any combination of nuts you like. Likewise, a homemade raspberry liqueur can be made using raspberries (or any berry blend) in a fruit liqueur recipe.
- If you prefer to sip this slowly, the PB&J is delicious on the rocks or as a martini; double the shot recipe and strain into a larger glass.
- For a creamier shot, add Irish cream. Use equal parts of the three liqueurs: for a single shot, 1/2 ounce of each.
- Almost any other nut liqueur will work, though they won't produce the same PB&J flavor. Viable options include amaretto, pecan liqueurs, and nocino, an Italian walnut liqueur.
- Many other fruit liqueurs, including strawberry and apricot, will play well with any nut liqueur. The black currant flavor of crème de cassis would make a delicious shot as well.
- If you enjoy the taste of this shot, give the nuts and berries cocktail a try. It uses the same liqueurs but adds cream to the mix for a tasty dessert drink.
Is Peanut Butter Whiskey Good in a PB&J Shot?
A few brands produce peanut butter whiskey. It is most often a 35 percent ABV (70 proof) whiskey liqueur flavored to taste like peanut butter. Many drinkers fall for its sweet taste, and it is a good substitute for nutty liqueurs. Try the peanut butter and jelly shot with equal parts of peanut butter whiskey and raspberry liqueur, or make it with 2 parts whiskey and 1 part raspberry liqueur. You can also float the whiskey on top of the liqueur.