|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||37%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This moist banana bread is made with peanut butter powder, chopped peanuts, mashed ripe bananas, and mini semisweet chocolate chips. The peanut butter powder adds a light peanut butter flavor to the banana bread.
This recipe uses mini chocolate chips along with the chopped peanuts. The chopped peanuts add more peanut flavor and texture but chopped pecans or chopped walnuts may be substituted.
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup peanut butter powder
- 3 large bananas (very ripe, mashed)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (mini, semi-sweet)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts (unsalted)
Grease and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan. Heat the oven to 325 F / 165 C / Gas 3.
In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and milk.
Sift dry ingredients together; add to creamed mixture and beat on low speed just until blended.
Stir in the mashed bananas.
Fold in the mini chocolate chips and chopped roasted peanuts.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan; bake the loaf for about 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Store the bread covered or in a food storage bag at room temperature for up to 2 days or store for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. For longer storage, freeze the banana bread.
- Substitute raisins or toffee chips for the mini chocolate chips.
- Replace half or all of the granulated sugar with packed brown sugar, light or dark.
- Drizzle a simple chocolate glaze over the cooled bread. Combine 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips, 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter, and 1 tablespoon of corn syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in a few drops of vanilla extract, if desired, and drizzle over the banana bread.