Here's a homemade peanut butter cake recipe you can make and bake when you need a cake in a hurry. Use the included chocolate frosting or a purchased chocolate fudge or milk chocolate frosting to finish this cake. The cake is super moist and yummy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chocolate Frosting:
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk (or evaporated milk)
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- In a saucepan, heat the 1 cup of butter, peanut butter, and milk until the butter has melted and mixture is hot. Stir the hot mixture into the flour mixture until blended.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla. Slowly beat into the first mixture until smooth and well blended.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a cake tester or wooden pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
*If you don't have buttermilk, put 1 1/2 teaspoons of vinegar in a liquid measure and add whole milk to the 2/3 cup line. Let it stand for about 5 minutes, or until the milk has soured.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate in a stainless steel bowl or double boiler over simmering water. Set aside for about 5 minutes, or until cooled.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted chocolate with the softened butter, confectioners' sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, gradually beat the confectioners' sugar and chocolate mixture until blended. Increase the mixer speed to medium and gradually add the milk while beating constantly. Continue beating until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cake.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|