These mouthwatering chocolate chip cookies are made with the addition of peanut butter, a match that just can't be beat. The cookies are sure to be a hit with friends and family!
Feel free to adjust ingredients to use what you have on hand and your family's tastes. Add some peanut butter chips along with the chocolate chips if you like, or use milk chocolate chips or chunks instead of the standard semisweet chocolate chips. Use creamy or chunky peanut butter in the recipe. The cookies are truly amazing in both flavor and texture, but if you like some vanilla flavor, add about 1/2 teaspoon. If you crave more texture, go ahead and add a handful of chopped pecans or walnuts. Or fold some chopped roasted peanuts into the batter.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (or chunky)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (5 3/4 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light. Add the egg and mix until the batter is smooth and fluffy.
- Blend the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together well. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Stir until well blended
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 910to 12 minutes, or until set and lightly browned on the bottoms.
The cookies spread only slightly. For flatter cookies, gently tap the unbaked cookies down slightly just before baking.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||244 g|
|Saturated Fat||110 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||88 g|
|Dietary Fiber||28 g|