This chocolate peanut butter protein shake can be whipped up in your blender or smoothie maker in no time. It is packed with protein and oats to keep you full, satisfied, and healthy.
You can use any kind of milk you want for this recipe. It is easy to make this vegan if you are using a non-dairy milk and a soy or hemp protein. Remember that there is far less protein in almond and coconut milk than dairy and soy milk, and be conscious of the thickeners and additives that are added to almond and coconut milks. There are many pros and cons to different types of milks! Just find the one that works best for you.
You could also add a small frozen banana to this recipe instead of the ice cubes. Just add a little more milk so the shake is not too thick. Bananas make a great shake thickener and are a nice natural sweetener too. Chances are your protein powder will have quite a bit of sweetener already.
- 1 1/2 cups milk (cow, almond, soy, or coconut)
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter powder (PB fit, or substitute 1 scant tablespoon peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 4 ice cubes
Gather the ingredients.
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Serve with a smoothie straw for easier drinking.
- It can be kept in the fridge for a few days, but since this is a thick shake it will need to be stirred before drinking.