These peanut butter cookies are just like Mom's. The cookies are made with a combination of granulated and brown sugar along with peanut butter and shortening.
The cookie dough is pressed with a fork just before baking.
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies Made with butter.
- 1 1/4 cups flour, sift or stir before measuring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the shortening, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Stir in flour mixture, blending well.
- Shape mixture into 3/4-inch balls; place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Flatten each cookie with the tines of a fork; dip the fork in flour periodically to keep it from sticking to the peanut butter cookie dough.
- Bake peanut butter cookies in the preheated oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|