Peanut butter hummus is a kids' favorite. High in protein, peanut butter hummus is great for dipping veggies. This recipe is great for picky eaters who don't eat a lot of meats.
Peanut butter hummus isn't just for kids. I know of quite a few adults who love peanut butter hummus, myself included.
- 1 can chickpeas (15-19 oz)
- 1/3 cup water (warm
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons
- olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend to a dip consistency. If it is too thick, add more warm water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Serve peanut butter hummus immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serve with fresh celery, carrots, and broccoli. Warm pita or french bread cubes also do well.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|