Kids will love this recipe for creamy peanut butter punch flavored with vanilla and nutmeg.
It's great for children's parties or as a non-alcoholic, if sweet, option for adult parties, for that matter. If you are adventurous, add some banana or chocolat or both!
- 1 3/4 cups evaporated milk
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Optional: sugar
- Optional: 1 ripe peeled banana
- Optional: generous squeeze of chocolate syrup
- Garnish: freshly grated nutmeg
- To a blender container, add evaporated milk, water, vanilla, peanut butter, and optional sugar.
- If using the optional banana and chocolate syrup, you might want to omit any optional sugar. Blend for about 10 seconds until smooth.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg.
Source: "Tropic Cooking" by Joyce LaFray Young (Ten Speed Press)
More Beverages for Kids' Parties
- Frozen Hand Mystery Punch Recipe: Perfect for Halloween or any time an ick factor is needed. It's just apple juice, orange juice, lemon juice and ginger. Oh yes, and a frozen hand!
- Sangria Mocktail Recipe: Now the kids can feel like grown-ups with their own wine glass of nonalcoholic sangria made with fruit, grape juice, berry juice, and ginger ale.
- Nonalcoholic Egg Nog Recipe: This kid-friendly Yuletide beverage has no alcohol and the eggs are gently cooked to make sure there is no risk of salmonella food poisoning.
- Halloween Monster Punch Recipe: Here's another punch that can go the distance for Halloween or anytime kids get together to party. It's made with pineapple juice, limeade, lime sherbet and gets its fizzle from seltzer water.
- Cherry Ice Cream Punch Recipe: This easy recipe starts with cherry-flavored powdered drink mix that is enhanced with sugar, milk, ice cream, and carbonated water.
Adults-Only Alcoholic Peanut Butter Beverages
Why should kids have all the fun with peanut butter? Try these adults-only peanut butter cocktails at your next party.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Shooter Recipe: In this drink reminiscent of a PB&J, the jelly flavor comes from black raspberry liqueur or Chambord and the peanut butter flavor comes from Frangelico. Bread is optional.
- Cranberry Peanut Butter Hot Rum Recipe: This riff on hot buttered rum features peanut butter syrup with fresh berries and good-quality rum for a novel and warming quaff.
- Big Fat Elvis Shooter Recipe: Most people like this drink for its name alone but the flavor is just as good. One sip of this bacon-flavored whiskey mixed with peanut butter-infused Amaretto, maple syrup and applewood-smoked sea salt and you'll swear Elvis has not left the building.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|