These cookies are easy to prepare, and they're egg-free. Drizzle melted chocolate over these peanut butter shortbread cookies to make them even more festive for the holidays. Use a food processor or electric chopper to chop the peanuts for this recipe.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Optional: 3/4 cup very finely chopped roasted or honey-roasted peanuts
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl; beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla. Slowly beat or stir in the flour and cornstarch until mixture holds together. Blend in the very finely chopped peanuts.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out on a lightly floured board to about 1/4-inch thickness, cut with cookie cutters, and place on an ungreased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Or, shape the dough into small balls, place on a cookie sheet, dip the flat bottom of a glass in granulated sugar and flatten gently to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cookies are set and bottoms just begin to brown. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons of shortening and drizzle over the cookies.
More Delicious Peanut Butter Treats
Can't get enough peanut butter? You'll love these peanut buttery recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|