If you're a sucker for all things peanut butter cup, you'll go crazy for this peanut butter-stuffed chocolate chip cookie. Baked in a cast iron skillet, it's the perfect all-in-one decadent dessert to share with pals, especially when served warm with a scoop of ice cream.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Optional: ice cream
- Optional: whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a different bowl, beat softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and egg, and beat until mixed well.
- Combine the flour mixture with the wet mixture and mix well until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips. Mix.
- Grease a skillet and add half of the cookie dough. Press it into the pan.
- Spread peanut butter generously over the dough. Then carefully top with the other half of the cookie dough. Be sure to work the dough so it completely covers and encases the peanut butter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges are golden brown
- Cut and serve with ice cream and whipped cream if you like.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|