Serve this delicious cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping and some chopped peanuts or chocolate curls.
- Peanut Butter Swirl:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk or half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers (finely ground)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (granulated)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 4 large eggs
Combine all peanut butter swirl ingredients in a small saucepan; heat over low heat, stirring, until smooth and sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine crust ingredients and stir with a fork until well blended.
- Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Place the pan on a large square of heavy-duty foil and wrap the outside, up to but not over the rim. The foil is to cover the seams since the cheesecake will finish baking later in a pan of water.
- Place the prepared crust in the 350° oven. Bake for 9 minutes; remove to a rack and lower oven temperature to 325°.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in 1 1/2 cups of sugar, the vanilla, and salt. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat just until well blended.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust. Put little dollops of peanut butter swirl all over the cheesecake, then swirl in with a small spatula or butter knife.*
- Repeat until all of the swirl mixture is used.
- Set the cheesecake in a roasting pan. Put the pan with the cheesecake on the oven rack then slowly add boiling water to the larger pan to a depth of about 2 inches.
- Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until set. The middle will still be a little jiggly.
- Remove the springform pan to a rack and let cool completely.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake and carefully remove the rim.
- Serve this delicious cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream and chopped peanuts for garnish.
More Cheesecake Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||39 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|