- 1 cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups shelled and roasted peanuts
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil that extends over the edges, and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Stir until the sugar is entirely moistened, then add the honey, corn syrup and salt.
3. Cook the candy over medium-high heat until it reaches 225 degrees on a candy thermometer. At this point, add the peanuts and stir to combine.
Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches 290 degrees.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, baking soda, and peanut butter. Mix until well-combined, and then pour onto the prepared pan.
5. Spread the candy as thin as possible with a spatula or spoon and allow it to set at room temperature. Once it is entirely cool, break it into small pieces to serve. Store the brittle in an airtight container or plastic bag at room temperature.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|