These pecan tassies are always a hit! You'll find them at most holiday get-togethers and parties. They're like little pecan pies made with a cream cheese pastry and pecan filling.
Feel free to add a few raisins to the tassie shells along with pecans if you'd like. The recipe makes a big batch of 48, so it's perfect for a party. It's easily halved for a smaller batch.
Butter Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, (softened)
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose, sift before measuring)
- 1 2/3 cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease mini muffin tins or spray with baking spray.
- Combine softened butter and cream cheese with a fork until smooth. Add flour, about 1/4 at a time; work into a smooth dough. Chill dough.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls; press into the prepared muffin pans to make shells.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar with the beaten egg, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir to blend thoroughly.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon of chopped nuts in each pastry shell; add filling to the top and then sprinkle with a few more pecan pieces.
- Bake the pecan tassies for about 25 minutes, or until set. Store in tightly covered containers, between wax paper layers.
Makes 4 dozen.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|