This model has been recalled and discontinued. It is replaced by the Perfect Flame 5-Burner Gas Grill (Model #720-0522). If you own the Perfect Flame 5-Burner, model SLG2007D, discontinue use and contact Lowes for more information. The Consumer Product Safety Commission website has even more contact information and further details.
This is a big, powerful grill. With a total cooking area well over 700 square inches and 65,000 BTUs of heat output, you get a grill that won't have any trouble heating up and cooking. The combination of aluminum and stainless steel body parts help hold down the cost. It usually goes for around $500.00. The infrared side burner is a nice feature. This grill does not include a rotisserie burner or rotisserie system. The stainless steel of this grill is low quality and won't hold its appearance long.
Some positive features of this grill are:
- High BTU output for the size
- Unique infrared side burner
Negative aspects include:
- Low-quality stainless steel parts on the lower body
- Limited overall construction quality
- Rotisserie system not standard
- Five 13,000 BTU 304 stainless steel burners
- 558 square inches of primary grilling area for a total cooking area of 733 square inches
- 65,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Stainless steel and aluminum construction. 304 stainless on the hood and control panel
- 10,000 BTU infrared side burner
- Push and turn igniters on knobs
- Enclosed cabinet
- Available in natural gas
- Does not include cover, rotisserie or propane tank
- Imported exclusively for Lowe's by BBQTek (formerly Pyromagic)
Perfect Flame 5-Burner Expert Review
The low-quality stainless steel on this grill thin and not destined to last. The basic grill isn't bad but would have benefited from better quality internal components and stronger cart design. Instead, the stainless steel parts don't have the quality to stand up to the elements and parts like the flimsy stainless steel burner tents do little to distribute heat or even protect the stainless steel burners.
On the other hand, this grill can't be called wimpy. The 65,000 BTUs from the main burners provides a lot of heat (and a lot of fuel). In fact, it is probably more than the grill really needs, suggesting that this grill was designed for the person looking for power versus quality. At its cost, you can certainly get a better quality grill, but probably not this size or power. While the construction quality is a little low, this isn't that bad of a grill for the money.
The one unique feature of this grill is the 10,000 BTU infrared side burner. This seems like a decent solution to the sear station burner, but won't be as effective as a traditional side burner. Perfect Flame is a store brand of Lowes Home Improvement stores and made specifically for them by the same maker of BBQ Grillware grills.