Such is the thought on any recipe that is just the way you like it; and this is a classic Cajun variant, just like grandma used to make.
- 6 medium russet (Idaho) potatoes (about 2 pounds)*peeled or unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon salt for cooking potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh curly parsley
- 3 chopped hard-cooked eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown mustard (Cajun or Creole)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, 30-40 minutes. Drain, cool, slice, and place in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the potatoes in the bowl, and gently but thoroughly toss to mix well.
Tips: May be made up to two days ahead and kept in the refrigerator.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|