|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 2|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||32%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a Peruvian recipe for grilled beef skewers. You start by preparing a marinade that is loaded with delicious flavor. Then you thread these steak pieces onto skewers and grill them hot and fast. Serve over rice or grilled vegetables.
- 1 12 ounce/340 g sirloin steak
- For Marinade:
- 1 1/2 cups/360 mL water
- 1 cup/240 mL red wine vinegar
- 4 medium jalapenos
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL oregano
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cumin
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground red chili
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL pepper
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place jalapenos and garlic in a blender or food processor. Grind to a pulp. Add remaining ingredients, marinade ingredients and continue blending. Cut steak into 1-inch cuts and place in large bowl.
- Pour 2/3 of blended mixture over meat and cover. Let marinate for 3-4 hours. Place remaining 1/3 of marinade in a air tight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat grill. Remove reserved marinade from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature.
- Thread meat onto skewers and place onto grill. Baste occasionally with remaining marinade. Grill skewers for 10-15 minutes, turning every so often. Once meat is cooked, remove from heat and serve. You may also add sliced bell peppers to these skewers if you wish.