- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup pesto (basil)
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (panko or dried breadcrumbs)
- 1/3 cup cheese (Parmesan)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken (ground, or turkey)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté and stir until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove to large bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add pesto, egg, sour cream, breadcrumbs, cheese, and salt and pepper to onion mixture and stir to combine.
- Add ground chicken or turkey and mix with hands until just combined.
- Form into 1-1/2" meatballs.
- Place on baking sheet with sides.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes or until an instant read thermometer registers 165 degrees F.
- Use in recipes, or cool completely, then freeze.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)