|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6-8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||23%|
|Total Carbohydrate 63g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 13g||47%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
If you are looking for a super easy casserole you can make in minutes and use to feed a crowd, this is it. Pesto meatballs and orzo is a combination of three delicious foods: pesto, meatballs, and orzo pasta.
Serve it with some toasted garlic bread and a nice green salad tossed with sliced mushrooms and little grape tomatoes for a complete and easy meal. You can add other ingredients to this recipe, like cooked onions or some chopped bell peppers if you'd like.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 2-1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until almost al dente, about 1 minute less cooking time than the package suggests. Place the peas in a colander and drain the pasta over the peas; return all to pot.
- Add the meatballs, Alfredo sauce, pesto, and sour cream to the pasta and peas in the pot and mix gently.
- Pour the milk into Alfredo sauce jar, close the lid, and shake; add that to the pasta mixture and stir. (By doing this you can get more of the Alfredo sauce out of the jar.)
- Pour the entire mixture into the prepared 2-1/2 quart casserole dish and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and top begins to brown.