This pheasant recipe is prepared in the slow cooker with mushrooms and wild rice. Condensed soups make a creamy gravy for the pheasant.
- 2 pheasants, cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup raw wild rice
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, undrained
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 package instant onion soup mix
- Wash pheasant pieces; pat dry; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste then toss with flour.
- If desired, brown pheasant pieces in skillet in a little oil or butter.
- Combine rice, canned soup, undrained mushrooms, and water in slow cooker; stir to blend.
- Place pheasant pieces in slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Check after about 5 hours and add a little water if necessary.
More Pheasant Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||44 g|
|Saturated Fat||24 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|