This pickled shrimp makes a nice appetizer to serve with crackers and spreads. Use the shrimp to top a tossed salad or add them to a pasta salad or potato salad.
This is an excellent appetizer to serve at a party. Add crushed red pepper flakes for extra heat.
- 2 pounds shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chives (chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry dill (or use a teaspoon or so of fresh chopped dill)
- 2 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Cook the shrimp in boiling, salted water for about 3 minutes, or until opaque and pink. Drain and let the shrimp cool.
- In a bowl combine oil, lime juice, vinegar, chives, salt, dill, pepper sauce, and capers.
- Add the cooked shrimp and toss to blend.
- Chill for at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and discard the marinade. Serve the shrimp over salad greens with decorative toothpicks, or use in salads.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|