Pasta is stir-fried with the rich flavors of pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, and Parmesan for a quick meal. You can have this easy pasta dish on the table in less than 30 minutes. Good as an entree with a salad and bread or use as a side dish. Be sure the pasta is well-drained. The oil will spit and pop when it contacts water.
- 12 ounces pasta (fusilli or rigatoni) cooked al dente and drained well
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided use
- 2/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 tbsp of the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add the well-drained pasta and stir-fry until pasta begins to brown at the edges. Remove to a large bowl.
- To the skillet, add the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil. Stir-fry the pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes for 1 minute.
- Add to the pasta along with the parsley, basil, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss to combine and serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||37 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|