This recipe for baked pineapple bread pudding is very easy to prepare, and the chopped pecans give the dessert crunch and texture. Feel free to use chopped walnuts if you prefer.
For extra texture, add half crushed pineapple, and half tidbits, or add a small can of drained pineapple tidbits along with the crushed pineapple..
Serve the bread pudding with syrup or cream, or make a brown sugar sauce (below) or vanilla sauce.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups French bread cubes (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl with mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, and cinnamon for about 1 minute, scraping the bowl frequently. Add eggs; beat on high speed for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Fold in remaining ingredients; pour into the prepared casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Tips and Variations
- Replace the crushed pineapple with drained and chopped pineapple chunks.
- Quick Brown Sugar Sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, bring 1 cup of packed light brown sugar, 1 stick (4 ounces) of butter, and 1/4 cup of heavy cream to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Let the sauce cool slightly; it will thicken as it cools.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||34 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|