This pineapple chiffon cake is made with pineapple juice and egg yolks and whites, along with a little vegetable oil and other ingredients.
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 11/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice, unsweetened
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Into a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- With a spoon make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- Add the oil, egg yolks, and pineapple juice. Beat with an electric mixer until very smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg whites and cream of tartar.
- Beat to very stiff peaks.
- Pour the first batter in a thin stream into the egg whites, gently folding in just until blended.
- Pour into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan; bake at 325 F for 55 minutes. Increase temperature to 350 F and bake for 10 minutes longer. Invert pan and cool completely.
Related Pineapple Cake Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|