If you're a fan of tropical flavors, you will love this pineapple coconut smoothie recipe. It incorporates both coconut milk and shredded coconut for a double layer of coconut flavor. If you want to limit your sugar intake, make sure you use unsweetened coconut milk, unsweetened shredded coconut and unsweetened frozen pineapple chunks for this recipe. Look for them at local health food or natural food supermarkets, such as Whole Foods Market or Trader Joe's.
- 3 cups pineapple (chunks, unsweetened, frozen)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (unsweetened, not cream of coconut)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp. coconut (unsweetened, shredded)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (vanilla)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Optional: 1 tbsp. pineapple (chunks for garnish)
- Place all of the ingredients into a smoothie blender, such as a Blendtec or a VitaMix blender in the order listed. Process until smooth or preferred texture.
- Garnish with pineapple chunks. Serve immediately.
If you and your kids just can't get enough smoothies, try some of our other favorite breakfast smoothie recipes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|