|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 24-28 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||42%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A buttery shortbread crust is the base for the pineapple and cream cheese filling, then comes the topping of coconut and pecans. The coconut gets toasty brown as the bars bake.
This is a great dessert to bake for a special occasion, a tea, or weekend treat.
- For the Crust:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons butter ((1 1/2 sticks), slightly softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Dash salt
- For the Filling:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple (well drained)
- For the Topping:
- 1 1/3 cup (3 1/2 ounces) flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan or it spray with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and dash of salt. With a pastry blender or fork, cut in the 12 tablespoons of butter until crumbly. Spread evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan and press with hands to form a crust layer.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Drain pineapple well in a colander; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla, and eggs; beat until smooth. Spread evenly over the baked crust, then sprinkle the drained crushed pineapple evenly over the top.
- In another bowl, combine the coconut, pecans, and 4 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle evenly over the pineapple and cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until coconut is browned and filling is set. Chill thoroughly before cutting into squares.