- 6 pork chops
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks with juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Optional: Fresh or canned pineapple chunks, for garnish
- Optional: Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Put pork chops in a plastic zip-close food storage bag.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the pork chops in the bag.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain the liquids into a saucepan. Place the saucepan over high heat and bring to a full boil.
- Put the chops in the slow cooker; pour the hot liquids over them and cook for 5 to 7 hours, or until the chops are done. The minimum safe temperature for pork -- USDA guidelines -- is 145 F.
- The marinated pork chops are also great grilled or broiled. Bring the pineapple marinade to a full boil and use it to baste the chops.
- Serve pork chops with some fresh pineapple chunks and a garnish of chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|