This is a wonderful pineapple quick bread, moist and flavorful. Cool it completely and keep the bread chilled for easier slicing.
This pineapple bread will quickly become a family favorite. It's versatile, too; add chopped walnuts to the batter or make it with chopped pecans. Either one works well. Or make it with some chopped macadamia nuts and coconut to give it Hawaiian flavor.
Some other variations on this quick bread include this pineapple, coconut, and macadamia nut bread. Or add some crushed pineapple to your usual banana bread.
Brush the bread with 1 tablespoon of melted butter as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8 to 9 ounces) pineapple (crushed and undrained)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 1/4 cups (10 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the Topping:
- 1 tablespoon sugar (granulated)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts (finely chopped)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Generously grease and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the brown sugar and butter; add eggs and beat just until blended. Stir in the undrained pineapple, vanilla, and 1 cup chopped nuts.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; stir to blend the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pineapple mixture just until blended. Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake the pineapple bread in the preheated oven for about 50 to 60 minutes.
- To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean, the bread is done.
- If desired, brush the bread with the melted butter as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting. Chilling makes this bread easier to slice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|