This pineapple casserole is a nice side dish to serve with ham.
- 1 1/4 cups long-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 2/3 cups (14 ounce can) crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; cook rice, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup syrup.
- Add the reserved syrup, salt, and water to the saucepan with rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Stir in pineapple, sugar, lemon zest, and nutmeg. Transfer to lightly buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with ham or pork.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|