|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||23%|
|Total Carbohydrate 46g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 45g|
|Vitamin C 5mg||25%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The pink honey martini is a delightful Bärenjäger cocktail. The recipe mixes the honey-flavored liqueur into a cosmopolitan-like martini, complete with vodka and cranberry juice. It's both familiar and unique, definitely a fun cocktail to try when you want to break free from your cosmo routine.
This recipe offers a perfect balance of sweet and sour. It is designed for the sweet taste of Bärenjäger Honey Liqueur. A little fresh sour mix gives it a nice zing to create a wonderfully delicious cocktail.
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, pour the vodka, Bärenjäger, cranberry juice, and sour mix. Fill with ice.
Serve and enjoy.
- Add more cranberry juice and sour mix to taste if you'd like it a little fruitier.
- At just 2 1/2 ounces, this is a very short drink (most vodka martinis are around 3 1/2 ounces). The ice helps fill the volume of a cocktail glass, though.
- If you'd like to make it a little taller, pour 1 1/2 ounces each of the Bärenjäger and vodka, then double up on the cranberry and sour mix.
- Ice cubes are a little awkward in the V-shape of a cocktail glass. A better option is crushed ice. You can create it quickly without an ice machine by placing a few cubes in a plastic zipper bag (a cloth Lewis bag is designed for this purpose), then whacking them into small pieces with your muddler or a rolling pin.
- Of course, you can always skip the ice, just be sure your glass is chilled for the best tasting drink.
- As an alternative to sour mix, add a squeeze of juice from a lime wedge.
- Pour a flavored vodka if you like. Good choices for this drink include citrus, vanilla, and any berry vodka.
- White cranberry juice is a fabulous option for this cocktail. It's a little less sweet, so it's a good pairing with the honey liqueur.
- Lighten up this drink by topping it off with sparkling wine. A sweet sparkling Moscato would be a nice choice. You could go with a dry sparkling rosé to counteract the martini's underlying sweetness and bring in an extra dose of pink.
How Strong Is a Pink Honey Martini?
One reason this cocktail is served short is that it's a very potent mix. Don't let its sweet taste fool you! When made with the average 80-proof vodka, it weighs in at 28 percent ABV (56 proof). That's stronger than the cosmo and the same strength of a straight vodka martini, which has no nonalcoholic mixers.