This recipe combines the pistachio fluff or what is sometimes referred to the Watergate salad, with cookies. Not only is this dessert a delicious treat, but easy to make and transport to any cookout, party, or potluck.
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding
- 2 cups/475 mL lite whipped cream
- 16 chocolate sandwich cookies (8 broken into smaller pieces, 2 finely crumbled)
- 1 cup/240 mL mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup/120 mL crushed pineapple
- Gather the ingredients.
- Follow pudding instructions and place pudding into fridge for 30 minutes. Once set up, add whipped cream, pineapple, 8 broken sandwich cookies, and nuts (except 2 tablespoons/30 mL). Gently fold in ingredients, transfer to serving bowl and place remaining 6 whole cookies around bowl. Add reserved nuts and crumbled cookies. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Recipe can be made a day ahead, though the cookies and marshmallows will become soggy. So, if you do this, do not add these ingredients until a few hours before your cookout.