Sometimes you feel like a nut and when you do, reach for a piece of pistachio fudge! This deliciously nutty fudge has a double dose of pistachio flavor. The secret ingredient is pistachio pudding mix, which gives it both a lovely green color and an intense pistachio taste. A handful of chopped pistachios adds extra flavor and a great crunch.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 12 tablespoons butter (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips (or chopped white chocolate)
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 3.5 ounces instant pistachio pudding dry mix
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salted pistachios (coarsely chopped)
- Prepare a 9x9-inch pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the sugar, cream, butter, and salt in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar and butter melt, and increase the heat to slightly higher than medium heat.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, insert a candy thermometer. Continue to cook the fudge, stirring frequently, until it reaches 235 F (113 C).
- When it reaches the correct temperature, remove the pan from the heat and add the white chocolate chips, the marshmallow cream, and the dry pistachio pudding mix.
- Stir vigorously until the chips and cream are melted and incorporated. If necessary, return the fudge to the heat for brief periods to melt the chips, but do not let the fudge come back to a boil.
- Once the chips are completely melted, add the almond extract, the vanilla extract, and the chopped pistachios, and stir well. Scrape the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.
- Let the fudge set at room temperature for 3-4 hours, or in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
To serve, cut it into small 1-inch pieces. Store pistachio fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|