This pizza dough recipe will make a 12- to 14-inch pizza. Knead this pizza dough by hand or mix it in the bread machine or with your stand mixer and dough hook.
Related Recipe: Basil Pizza Crust
- 3/4 cup warm water (about 105° to 110°)
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Combine the warm water and yeast in a small bowl; stir to blend and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt together. Add the yeast mixture and oil and blend thoroughly.
- Knead, adding small amounts of flour if the dough is sticky, until smooth.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl and turn to coat the dough with the oil.
- Cover bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in a warm place free from drafts. This will take about 60 minutes.
- Punch dough down and roll out to fit your pan or stone. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes. Top with sauce and toppings.
- Bake pizza at 425 F for about 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned, or follow the directions for your particular recipe and method.
- If using a bread machine, add ingredients following the order suggested by your bread machine manufacturer.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|