|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 42g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||36%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a quick and simple way to grill salmon steaks. You preserve the great flavor of the salmon but also get a mild, smoky flavor from the smoldering wood plank.
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sea salt
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1 untreated cedar or alder wood plank soaked in water
1. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
2. Combine olive oil, mustard, garlic, black pepper, and salt. Spread evenly over both sides of the salmon steaks. Place salmon steaks on a plank that has been soaking in water for at least 30 minutes. Place on grill and cook over medium heat until salmon is done. About 20 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature of fish reaches between 145 and 150 degrees.
3. Remove salmon steaks from grill and serve with your favorite sides, like grilled or packet-grilled vegetables for this dish.
4. One thing to note, salmon steaks sometimes contain a few bones toward the center. Pull these out carefully before cooking or when you are about to serve.