|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||52%|
|Total Carbohydrate 74g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||22%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This tasty cobbler is made with thinly sliced plums, sliced pears, cinnamon, sugar, and a soft sweet dough topping.
- 4 cups plums (pitted and thinly sliced)
- 2 cups pears (sliced peeled)
- 3/4 cup sugar granulated)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup plus 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine sliced plums, pears, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Toss together and let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. In a cup, whisk together 1/4 cup of milk and the egg. Blend milk mixture into dry mixture until moistened, adding more milk if a softer consistency is desired. The stiffer dough can be dropped on the fruit and will hold its shape, but you might prefer a softer and more spreadable dough.
- Pour fruit mixture into an 11x7 or 9-inch square baking dish. Spoon batter over fruit and spread out, if desired.
- Bake in preheated 325 F oven for about 40 to 50 minutes, or until fruit is tender and topping is browned.