These salmon steaks are poached with a little vermouth or white wine and a nice array of herbs and seasonings. Serve this delicious entree with a salad and rice pilaf, or any of your favorite side dishes.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 sprigs dill or 1/2 teaspoon dry dillweed
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 4 salmon steaks, about 2 pounds
- Combine 2 cups water, wine, onion, lemon, salt, peppercorns, dill and parsley in a large skillet. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salmon steaks, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes (a little longer for steaks thicker than 1/2-inch), or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Lift steaks from cooking liquid with a slotted spatula and place on serving platter. Serve with cucumber sauce, hollandaise sauce, or any of your favorite sauces.
More Favorite Salmon Recipes
There are a variety of delicious ways to enjoy salmon. Give one of these recipes a try the next time you're in the mood for salmon:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|