|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
- 2 cups poha (flattened rice)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil (or canola or sunflower cooking oil)
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds (may be colored from yellowish white to black)
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- Optional: 2 green chilies (slit lengthwise)
- 1 medium onion (chopped fine)
- 1 large potato (or 2 medium, quartered and sliced very thin)
- A handful of unsalted peanuts (skins removed)
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 a lime (juiced)
- Salt to taste
- Garnish: chopped coriander
Put the poha in a sieve and wash under running water for 2 minutes.
Keep aside to drain.
Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, and green chilies.
Fry till the spluttering stops and then add the onion. Fry till soft and translucent.
Add the peanuts and potatoes and frequently stir, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
Drain the poha completely to remove all water and add it to the above mix. Add the turmeric powder and stir well to blend all ingredients.
Cook for another minute. Turn off the fire. Pour lime juice over the poha and mix well.
Garnish with chopped coriander and serve while hot. Poha tastes great with mint-coriander chutney!