This appetizer recipe for bacon and sausage or boczek i kiełbasę zakąska (BOH-chek ee kyehw-BAH-sehn zah-KOHN-skah) is an Americanized recipe that can be cooked in the oven and then kept warm in a slow cooker for parties, potlucks, and tailgates.
Yield: About 12 appetizer servings of Bacon and Sausage
- 1 pound kiełbasa (smoked, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 pound bacon (slices, cut in half or thirds)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap the bacon slice around the kielbasa slice and secure with a toothpick.
- Place a grate or rack on a rimmed cookie sheet that has been lined with foil to catch the bacon drippings.
- Place the bacon-wrapped sausages on the rack. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 25-30 minutes. You can keep these warm in a slow cooker set on low.
- Note: Can be assembled the night before and baked before serving.
Note: To make things even easier, you can use 24-ounces of premixed spicy honey mustard.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Theresa Kulasa Child of Valparaiso, Ind.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|