- 2 cups cherries (pitted, peeled and chopped apples, or stemmed blueberries)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or cardamom)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon lemon (juice)
- 2-4 tablespoons bread crumbs (fine, dry)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine fruit, water, and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until fruit is tender and water is almost evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Mash fruit slightly and add spice of choice and lemon juice. Return to heat and cook over low heat until mixture is thick.
- If the mixture is not thick enough, stir in enough bread crumbs so fruit is not liquidy.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|