This no-bake cheesecake recipe sports a fruited gelatin top that is so popular with Poles and is known as sernik na zimno, which literally means "cold cheesecake."
Not even the crust is baked in this recipe making it an ideal dessert when you don't want to heat up the kitchen by turning on the oven. Here are more Polish Cheesecake Recipes.
Here is a larger photo of Gelatin-Topped No-Bake Cheesecake.
- For the Cookie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups/100g vanilla wafers (crumbs, or butter cookie crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons/30g sugar
- 2 ounces/57g butter (melted)
- For the Filling:
- 8 ounces/227g cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup/50g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup/240ml heavy whipping cream
- For the Gelatin Topping:
- 1 large package strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup/100g ice cubes
- 1/2 cup/100g blueberries
- 1/2 cup/100g pineapple chunks
- 1 cup/200g strawberries (halved)
- Garnish: whipped cream
Make the Crust
- In a small bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups/100g cookie crumbs, 2 tablespoons/30g sugar and 2 ounces/57g melted butter.
- Place a circle of parchment paper into the bottom of an 8- to 9-inch/20- to 22-cm springform pan. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and refrigerate until ready to fill.
Make the Filling
- In a medium bowl, whip 8 ounces/227g room-temperature cream cheese with 1/4 cup/50g sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until completely smooth and fluffy. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to 5 minutes or more, depending on the temperature of your cream cheese.
- In a separate medium bowl, whip the 1 cup/240ml whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add 1/4 of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and stir in by hand to lighten it.
- Then, fold in the remaining whipped cream, being careful not to deflate the volume, until well incorporated. Transfer to prepared pan, smoothing top. Place in the refrigerator while you make the gelatin topping.
Make the Gelatin Topping
- Place strawberry gelatin in a medium bowl and add boiling water per package instructions. Stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add 1/2 cup/100g ice, stirring until melted. Let stand 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, arrange the 1/2 cup/100g blueberries, 1/2 cup/100g pineapple and 1 cup/200g strawberries in a single layer in a decorative pattern on top of the cheesecake. Pour thickened gelatin on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap, not letting plastic touch the surface of the gelatin. Chill several hours or overnight.
Serve the Cheesecake
- Remove cheesecake from springform pan and cut into slices. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|