Rhubarb Honey Drink is a refreshing, cold elixir made with rhubarb and honey (two common Eastern European ingredients) It's a real thirst quencher. The tang from the rhubarb makes it comparable to cranberry juice cocktail.
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 pound rhubarb, peeled if necessary, chopped
- 3 cups hot water
- Orange slice or mint for garnish
- Bring water to boil, remove from heat, stir in honey and let cool.
- Whiz chopped rhubarb in a food processor. Place pulp in a medium bowl, pour hot water over pulp and cover. When the bowl is cool enough to handle, place in refrigerator for 2 hours or until cold.
- Strain pulp through a sieve into honey-water mixture. Stir. Place ice cubes in 4 tall glasses and pour drink over. Garnish with an orange slice or sprig of mint.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|