|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A pomegranate gin fizz is a fabulous way to put a fruity, herbal twist on the classic gin fizz. The recipe features pomegranate liqueur and lavender syrup set against a floral gin background, creating a lovely drink that's perfect for any occasion.
This recipe was designed for softer gins, such as Aviation, Bloom, G'Vine, and Hendrick's. These tend to be less focused on juniper—gin's signature ingredient—so they're very approachable for drinkers who shy away from that piney flavor. It's the ideal foundation for the sweetness of pomegranate as well as the lavender, though you could certainly pour a bolder gin like Beefeater or Martin Miller's if you like.
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the gin, pomegranate liqueur, lime juice, lavender syrup, and egg white (if using).
Shake vigorously (more than usual with the egg white to ensure it is mixed thoroughly with the other ingredients).
Top off with soda.
Serve and enjoy!
- While the egg is optional, it is recommended. The egg white adds a lovely texture that is common in classic fizz drinks. It's a good drink is good without it, but it does make a more luscious cocktail.
- Ensure that your egg is fresh by giving it a quick test: Place the egg in a glass of water and if it sinks, it's fresh. Eggs that float should be discarded.
- Lavender simple syrup is very easy to make at home. All you need is sugar, water, and lavender buds; it takes about 2 hours, including the time required for the syrup to cool.
- Syrup companies like Monin, Torani, and Sonoma offer a lavender syrup as well.
- Good garnish options include a few pomegranate seeds (arils), a sprig of lavender, or a lime twist.
- Pomegranate juice is a good substitute for the liqueur. Grenadine will likely be too sweet unless it's homemade.
- You could also muddle about 15 fresh pomegranate arils in the shaker when the fruit is in season. That is typically early to mid-winter, making it an excellent option for holiday cocktails.
- Rosemary simple syrup is a good alternative to lavender. The herb also pairs nicely with pomegranate and all you need to do is substitute it for lavender in the syrup recipe.
- Top the drink with your favorite lightly flavored soda. Ginger ale and lemon-lime sodas are good choices, though you can go with something unique like Dry Sparkling Lavender or Rhubarb.
- Make this a nonalcoholic drink by skipping the gin and pouring pomegranate juice. Alternatively, mix up a holiday pomegranate mojito.