|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 29g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||74%|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||27%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Top this easy pork casserole with shredded cheese if you want. This tasty pork and mashed potato casserole is an excellent way to use leftover pork loin roast.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups diced roast pork
- 1 1/2 cups (10-ounce package) frozen peas and carrots, cooked and drained
- 2 cups prepared seasoned mashed potatoes
- Optional: 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheese
Heat butter in a skillet over medium-low heat; add onion and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour until well blended and cooked, about 2 minutes. Add salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper.
Add broth and water, stirring until thickened and bubbly. Add the diced pork and vegetables; heat through.
Pour the pork mixture into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Spoon prepared mashed potatoes evenly over the mixture.
Bake at 350 F for 25 to 35 minutes, topping with cheese the last 5 minutes, if desired.