- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups diced roast pork
- 1 1/2 cups (10 ounce package) frozen peas and carrots, cooked and drained
- 2 cups prepared seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheese, optional
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-low heat; add onion and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour until well blended and cooked, about 2 minutes. Add salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper.
- Gradually add broth and water, stirring until thickened and bubbly. Add the diced pork and vegetables; heat through.
- Pour the pork mixture into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Spoon prepared mashed potatoes evenly over the mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 35 minutes, topping with cheese the last 5 minutes, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|